What is Uber and how to use uber app?
Uber is a “pick-up” service based in San-Francisco which connects passengers with cab drivers. The app is integrated into Google maps and is available on many smartphone platforms. Through this app, one can book a taxi from his location and can track the cab with the phone as well. The fare is set by Uber which is visible to the users. There are different payment modes; so you need not pay by cash. Another advantage of this app is that you can share a cab with another user who is traveling the same journey thus reducing the cost. So here is the complete guide for those who don’t know how to use uber app.
How to use uber app
Sign-up to use Uber App
- You need to install the app first from either Apple App Store, Google Play Store or Blackberry App World based on your hand device.
- Open Uber app in order to sign up.
- Read the terms and conditions carefully and then click on sign up button.
- An OTP code is sent to your number for confirmation. Once you confirm your signup, you’re ready to use the app.
- Now check out the sign-up link and create your account. You need to provide your details along with billing information. If there is someone already using Uber, then you can use their promo code to get some credits. For billing information, you should have a credit card or PayPal account.
- All the drivers who work for Uber and not specific to this company. They pay some percentage to the company for getting listed in the app
Choose The Car
There are 5 types of vehicles available through Uber based on your city. You need to choose one among them based on your requirement.
- UberBlack: This is Uber’s original service which sends a high-end sedan to the location you choose. It can accommodate 4 people.
- Taxi: This one of the cabs in agreement with Uber. It’s just like a normal taxi.
- UberX: The budget option from Uber is UberX which is an everyday car accommodating 4 people at a time.
- UberSUV: This is suitable if you’re planning a trip with your family of maximum 6 people. This one is little expensive than a Black car.
- LUX: This one also accommodates 4 people but is a luxury car and the most expensive of the Uber services.
Choose the location
- Once you’ve chosen the car, you need to locate in the app.
- You can see a pin marker and a blue dot on the map. Usually, many people make a mistake by placing the marker in the wrong place and keep waiting for the cab on the wrong place.
- This blue dot represents your actual location while the marker is where the cab arrives.
- If you want your cab to pick you up at your current location, place the marker over the blue dot.
- If you want it to arrive somewhere else, then place the marker at that location.
- You can also enter the location name manually to set the pickup location without using the marker.
- Now tap on the “Set Pickup Location” button.
- Now payment options will appear on the screen. You can use the credit card, debit card or PayPal for payment. This option turns on automatically.
Waiting for the Cab To Arrive
- The Uber app in your phone will show you which cab and when it is coming to the set location.
- You can also track the cab and know where it is. The app will also provide contact details of the cab driver so that you can call him and tell the directions if required.
- You should sure of using the ride before booking it since canceling it 5 minutes post-reservation can charge you free.
Booking Cab for someone else
- If you want to book a cab for someone else, then enter the location of your friend but not yours.
- It’s better to call the driver and inform him whom he’s going to pick up.
Understand the Uber Rates
- Uber charges based on a combination of distance and time. It varies from time to time and differs from service to service and city to city.
- If the driving speed is under 11mph, you’ll be charged by the minute while if it’s more than 11 mph, you’ll be charged by the mileage.
- Based on the location, you’ve to pay a base rate. They vary from city to city; you can check the base rate on official website
Rate The Driver
You can also rate the driver in the app. Remember giving less than 5 stars can damage the driver and next time you book a cab, less number of cars are available. This is because Uber recognizes only 5 stars as positive, although there are too many cabs already available.
Read also : Apps like vshare
Final Words :
So, I hope this post helped you understand how to use uber app. Did you use Uber app before?